If there was one word to describe AOL Desktop Gold it would be ‘convenient’. AOL Desktop Gold is an easy to use desktop that is giving millions of users around the world a whole new browsing experience. The reason why this desktop is so convenient and user-friendly is that when you download AOL gold desktop software you basically have the entire world of AOL on one single platform. This new browser allows you to surf the web, follow up on urgent emails, play games or simply catch up with your family and friends through chat.
But it is not just what you can do with the desktop that makes it so convenient. AOL has also optimized the download and installation method and at the same time, it has also eliminated the stress of updating the software. AOL Desktop Gold comes with an automatic update feature that will replace old versions of the software with newer ones. This feature helps users save time because they do not have to keep checking for updates and or manually install updates when they become available. However, the automatic update feature does not always work as it should and users often encounter errors because they end up using an older version of AOL Desktop Gold. This article will give you some simple steps to follow so that you can fix the update error and carry on using the AOL Gold program.
Steps to Fix AOL Desktop Gold Automatic Update Not Working Issue
When you notice that AOL Desktop Gold is running slowly or it is crashing often then it is clear that the automatic update feature is not working. You can follow the steps given below to make the necessary changes to the settings so that you can fix the automatic update not working issue.
- Step 1: Switch on your computer and log in as system admin
- Step 2: Click on the Windows icon and open the ‘Start’ menu.
- Step 3: Use your keyboard and type the word ‘Update’ in the search box
- Step 4: Go to the ‘Programs’ section and select ‘Windows update’
- Step 5: From the options on the left select ‘Change Settings’
- Step 6: Go to the ‘Important updates’ section
- Step 7: Mark the checkbox so that you can install updates automatically
- Step 8: Once again select the box which reads “Recommended updates.”
- Step 9: Click on “Save” and restart your computer so that the changes can go into effect
After rebooting your computer you can connect to the internet and check it AOL Desktop Gold was updated or not. If you find that the automatic update error was not resolved then the best thing to do is to uninstall the program and delete all the remaining files. After you scan your system for any malware you can go ahead and download AOL Gold Desktop once again so that you have the latest version. If you still find that automatic updates are not working you can call the AOL Desktop Gold customer care number and ask for additional technical assistance.