AOL also offers its client mailing services that can be accessed through smart phones. It can be a convenient option for many as they can have access to their emails anytime they want. It’s always easy to carry your mobile phones with you rather than your laptops. The AOL mail app has been specially designed for Android users, and it can be installed through the help of the Play store. You can easily download and install the application on your smartphone and avail the features. But what if you find out that even after successful installation, the AOL mail fails to work on the Android interface. In that case, you must go in-depth and resolve the issue from its core. You can first try the solution that is given in the blog and then move to contact the AOL mail customer service if required. This blog will discuss the issue and will also provide you with an appropriate solution for the same.
Steps to Fix AOL Mail not working on Android
- Unlock the Android smartphone and click on the AOL mail app.
- Enter the account login information and then proceed towards setting the incoming and outgoing server details.
- You must select the option of Manual Setup and then proceed further.
- Select IMAP account settings (incoming server) and make the following changes.
- IMAP server: imap.AOL.com
- Port: 143
- Security type: None
- Once done, tap on ‘Next’ and proceed for SMTP account settings (outgoing server)
- SMTP Server: smtp.AOL.com
- Port: 587
- Once done, save the changes and then exit the application.
- Again login to AOL app and see if the error has been resolved or not.
- Also, make sure that you have cleansed the system for any virus.
- Sometimes the anti-virus application installed in the system can also be a reason behind the error. You can temporarily disable the program and check whether the issue has been resolved.
- Do ensure that the security settings of the device are not creating any issues.
- The last option that you can opt for is uninstalling the application and then installing it back again.
If you find that you are unable to perform the given steps on your own and require technical assistance, then do dial the AOL mail customer care number which remains accessible 24*7. The techies will be able to guide you through each step, making sure that you face no difficulties whatsoever.