In the world of computer technology, a cache is a software component that stores data so that websites can load faster in the future. The temporary instance of webpages stored on your AOL Desktop Gold browser improves your browsing experience since it greatly reduces the page load time. However, if the cache is cluttered with a lot of unwanted data, it can cause several errors on your system. In order to make sure your AOL Desktop software is running smoothly you need to clear the browser’s cache regularly and delete the data. This article will highlight the steps you can follow to clear browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold. If you need more information about how the browser cache works, you can call the AOL Desktop Gold customer care number and reach out to a professional software expert and ask for help.
Steps to Clear Browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold
Clearing the browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold is one of the most basic troubleshooting steps you can use to resolve minor technical errors. Whenever you encounter any error, such as a page freezing issue or a website becoming unresponsive, you will need to clear the browser cache and restart your system to resolve the issue. You can follow the steps given below to clear the browser cache on AOL Desktop Gold and improve your browser speed and performance:
- Step 1: Run the AOL Gold Desktop software on your computer.
- Step 2: Enter your AOL Desktop Gold login details in the fields given.
- Step 3: Sign in to your AOL Desktop account and go to the top menu bar.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘Settings’ option and open the account settings.
- Step 5: Look for the ‘Browser’ settings located in the left menu.
- Step 6: Navigate to the security tab and click ‘Clear Footprints Now.’
- Step 7: Check mark all the data you want to delete and click the relevant delete button.
Once the browser cache is cleared and the unwanted data is deleted, you can restart the AOL gold desktop and continue browsing the web. AOL recommends emptying the cache every time you close the software. If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above you can call the AOL Desktop Gold customer care number and ask for additional help. Trained software technicians are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you expert advice on how to solve any technical issue related to your AOL Desktop Gold software.