AOL is a well-acclaimed email service which provides users with the proficient service of sending and receiving emails. Despite being a widely used service, there are certain snags that this service comes across. One of the common issues that the users face is when they encounter the message of “AOL error has occurred”. This is the error of AOL Gold not responding. This error is caused due to numerous cookies, viruses present in the system, issue with the AOL connectivity service in the database and installation as well as uninstallation troubles. Hence, a few steps to solve this issue has been explained below.
Step 1: Clear all browser cache as well as cookies
- Select the ‘Settings’ option which is available in the AOL 9.0 VR Toolbar.
- If you are connected with the internet, it is advised to choose the ‘Internet Properties’
- And if not connected opt for the Internet [Web] option.
- Select the option which says ‘Clear My Footprints’ and then choose the ‘Select Footprints to clear’ icon.
- Further, choose the ‘Cookies and Browser Cache’ option and click on ‘Clear selected Footprints’
- The AOL Toolbar would freeze during the process of clearing cache and cookies.
- Now you can opt to close the window.
Step 2: Scan the computer for any kind of virus
- In this step, you would have to run a whole system virus scan and clear all the dangerous spyware, malware or virus that might be present in your system. This can also be the cause of the malfunction.
Step 3: Utilize the AOL Quick Restore option
- You would have to right click on the AOL icon which can be found on the Windows system tray.
- Select ‘System Information’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the ‘AOL software’ option which can be found towards the left side of the account.
- Further, you would now have to select the option which says ‘Quick Restore’ and then press the ‘OK’ button.
- When the restore process is complete, you can opt to close the window.
Step 4: Eliminate everything in the “AOL Connectivity Service (ACS) databases”
- To complete this process, navigate to the Windows system tray and right-click on the AOL Icon
- From the drop-down menu choose the option ‘One Click Fixes’
- Now you would have to tap the ‘Connectivity Link’ which can be found under the ‘Categories’ icon.
- After this, choose the option ‘Fix it for me’ which is located right next to the Delete ACS database option.
- One thing that has to be taken care of is, if the ‘Delete ACS database’ option is not seen, it might be an AOL Desktop update error. Hence, update the AOL software.
- Now opt to continue to delete the ACS database.
- In the end, uninstall the AOL software using the AOL uninstaller and then reinstall it.
All these above-given steps ought to solve the problem of the error code “AOL error has occurred”. If you feel caught up with any of the given steps you can feel free to connect yourself with the AOL Desktop customer care, where you would be provided with professional assistance. The experts who would be deployed for your assistance would efficiently guide you through the process of solving your issue.