AOL Desktop Gold is the smartest way for you to travel through the world of AOL. This new desktop browser manages to preserve the old classic look of AOL while at the same time giving users new and improved features to enjoy. Thanks to AOL Desktop Gold users can use their mail, surf the web, stream movies and catch up on the latest headlines all from a single browser. The two best features of AOL Desktop Gold are the built-in automatic updates feature and the enhanced security encryption. However, even though it has premium features the browser also has its fair share of error. When faced with these errors the often the most effective solution is to delete the program and reinstall AOL Gold. This article will tell you all you need to know about how to install AOL Gold once you have successfully uninstalled the program and deleted any remaining system files.
Steps to uninstall AOL Desktop Gold
Whenever you encounter an error on AOL Gold or if you see that certain features are not working properly you can follow the steps given below to uninstall Aol Gold:
- Step 1: Click the ‘Windows’ icon to open the start menu
- Step 2: Open the Control Panel and go to the Programs section
- Step 3: Select the option to ‘Uninstall a program’ and open the list of programs
- Step 4: Go through the lost and click AOL Desktop Gold
- Step 5: Press the ‘Uninstall/Change’ option and confirm that you want to remove AOL Desktop Gold.
Once AOL Gold is uninstalled you will receive a notification from Windows indicating that you can proceed with the re installation.
System Requirements for AOL Desktop Gold
Most of the errors that require you to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold are caused because your system does not meet the basic system requirements needed to run the browser. Hence before you go ahead and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold you should make sure your system matches the requirements given below:
- Windows 7 or higher operating system (AOL Gold is compatible with Mac)
- You should have a fast and secure network connection
- Minimum 1GB RAM or more
- A screen resolution of 1024×768
- 512 MB’ of free space on your computer
- The computer processor is 266 MHz or faster
Steps to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
Once the system requirements are checked off your list you can follow the instructions given below to reinstall AOL Desktop Gold on your computer:
- Step 1: Go to the official AOL webpage.
- Step 2: Use your account details and sign in to AOL.
- Step 3: Click the link to download AOL Desktop Gold link
- Step 4: Save the .exe AOL installation file on your computer
- Step 5: Select the AOL set-up file and right-click to run it as admin.
- Step 6: Read the terms and conditions of AOL Gold and press ‘Accept’
- Step 7: Follow all the instructions on the screen to finish reinstalling AOL Desktop Gold.
You should note that the steps to uninstall and reinstall AOL Gold vary according to the operating system you use. If you have any difficult reinstalling the software you can call the AOL customer support number and speak to a trained technician about how to troubleshoot the problem.